Join our team.
Interested in joining our team?
This is a full time job for a worship pastor who oversees all worship arts and leads the modern contemporary worship services over multiple services and venues for a progressive church on the southern edge of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. The Worship Pastor is responsible for worship leading, worship band recruitment and development, and overseeing all the technical and worship arts. He/She will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor. He/She will team with Lead Pastor to plan corporate worship by choosing music, media, and other creative elements that will help FBC spiritually engage with God and honor Him through experiential worship. Responsibilities include corporate worship planning and leadership, recruitment and equipping of worship leadership, and oversight of all elements necessary to enhance the worship experience.
A strong candidate will have the following:
- Growing, contagious love for Jesus—demonstrates a relationship that is still in process. His ministry & leadership reveals that relationship to the church in transparent spirituality. We can see HIS heart when he leads worship.
- Distinct calling to Worship Ministry—demonstrates a clearly defined experience of calling that has dictated to his life in his career choices and personal lifestyle.
- Good musical skills & ability to sense the culture of a congregation & match music to that culture—able to understand a church’s tastes and sensitivities and create worship plans that touch those values effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills—knows how to work with others, motivate them without manipulating them, and has visible enjoyment in hosting people and leading them in friendship & worship.
- Personally passionate worshipper—demonstrates an authentic, sincere love expression to God in the experiences of worship.
- Sees congregational experience as the measure of success—finds his greatest joy in seeing the congregation experience the Lord rather than focusing on impressive performance.
- Skillful communicator who connects with people—articulates beliefs & prompts others in an inspiring way.
- Infectious, contagious visionary for what worship can be—attracts people to music ministry because its quality & community are apparent and attractive.
- Stable, confident, skilled leadership—knows how to lead people with personal discipline and confidence that challenges musicians to grow in their skills & passions
This part-time Childcare Staff position will be responsible for providing supervision for children birth through kinder regularly on Sunday mornings, Wednesday mornings, Wednesday nights, and birth through 5th grade for occasional special events. FBC requires all childcare staff to have background checks annually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to move easily from the floor to standing when interacting with children, as well as be able to lift up to 30 pounds. The individual must possess specific personality traits such as friendliness, honesty, and dependability. All childcare staff will work in pairs (two adults to a room).
The individual must enjoy working with children and have experience in caring for children. The individual must possess the ability to relate effectively to the diverse personalities of the staff and parents. The individual should be a Christ-follower.
Please email the completed application to preschool@FBCmidlo.com.
Under the direction and supervision of the Facilities Director, the part-time Facilities Assistant is responsible for facility readiness by implementing set-ups, maintaining cleanliness, and performing lite maintenance of equipment, buildings, and other facilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ensures all rooms and facilities are set up, clean, and ready for scheduled use.
- Maintain the cleanliness of buildings (restrooms, floors/carpets, etc.) on a continual basis while working.
- Assist Facilities Director in accessing the safety and environmental excellence of the facilities.
- Responds to security alarms and building emergencies.
- Performs lite maintenance. This includes but is not limited to replacing light bulbs, painting, assembly of equipment/furnishings, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness (speed). The individual must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and possesses a natural curiosity to learn new concepts, processes, etc. The individual should be a Christ-follower. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
The individual must be a high school graduate; have obtained a GED certificate; or have five (5) years of equivalent work experience.
The individual must possess the ability to relate effectively to the diverse personalities of the staff, congregation, and others who will come into the church office. Additionally, the qualified individual will be able to work with volunteers.
The individual must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The individual must be able to initiate conversations including the ability to speak on a oneto-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to: obtain information; explain policies, procedures, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities
The individual must establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and community; the ability to perform duties with awareness of all approved policies and procedures; and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time; walk or run for long periods of time; bend or twist their body; repeat the same movements; kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms; use their hands to manipulate, handle, and feel objects, tools, or controls. It is important for the employee to be able to hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm; use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects; see details of objects that are less than a few feet away; move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place; use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects; use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects; see details of objects that are more than a few feet away; use the stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired; understand the speech of another person; make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls; speak clearly so listeners can understand; bend, stretch, twist, or reach out; coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving; see differences between colors, shades, and brightness. The employee is required to lift, carry, and move equipment, inventory, and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level of the work environment is quiet to loud depending on the activity in the particular part of the day.
Do I have to be a member of FBC Midlothian to work here?
Full-time employees must be a member of FBC Midlothian and attend regularly scheduled worship services.
Does FBC Midlothian offer benefits?
Yes, the church offers a range of benefits to full-time employees based upon the staff structure.
What do the jobs pay?
We will discuss a salary range at the time of an interview.